Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2022-01-17 Origin: Site
There are only three RC model car power drive modes, oil drive, methanol drive and electric drive, in order to help you understand more intuitively the characteristics of different power modes of RC model cars. We will briefly analyze each power mode according to its characteristics and advantages.
The first one is electric RC model (Electric Powered), or EP for short. This type of RC model car generally uses electricity as power, outputting electrical energy to the motor, which then transmits the power to the wheels through the gears to provide the driving force for the whole car.
At present, the electric RC model car is the most common model car on the market, and the electric RC model car has the following characteristics.
1. the operation inertia of electric RC model car is small, so it is easy to control, and the beginners don't need to practice too much to be familiar with it like oil RC model car.
2. The linear output of electric RC model car is good, and the weight is lighter than that of oil RC model car, so the electric RC model car is more flexible and the speed of curves is higher than that of oil RC model car. In the field with many curves and short straights, the lap time of electric RC model car is faster than that of oil RC model car, and the starting speed, curving speed and straight line speed of electric RC model car are not inferior to oil RC model car.
3. electric RC model cars do not need to buy and fill fuel repeatedly, and only need to recharge and reuse repeatedly, which is environmentally friendly and pollution-free.
The second is the oil-powered RC model car (Gas-powered), referred to as GP, oil-powered RC model car structure is very close to the real car, because the general oil-powered RC model car using a two-stroke oil-powered engine.
The basic characteristics of oil-powered RC model cars are:
1. simple structure and high strength of the frame, so the damage rate is relatively low, stable performance and easy maintenance.
2. The oil-operated RC model car engine is simpler to operate, and the range of oil needle setting is relatively small, so it is good for beginners to get started.
3. Most of the oil-operated RC model car engine is installed in the middle of the frame, so the center of gravity of the whole car is generally located in the middle back, which is the same as the center of gravity of most of the world's supercars, so the oil-operated RC model car handling flexibility, fast speed, and smooth walking.
4. Oil RC model car itself weight and volume, the requirements for the road is not as demanding as the small-scale model car, and because the oil RC model car four-wheel independent suspension, with a large stroke hydraulic shock, so the oil car road travel ability is very strong.
The third type is the methanol RC model car. The methanol RC model car uses the same two-stroke air-cooled engine as the oil-operated RC model car.
However, compared to oil-operated RC model cars, the engine of methanol RC model cars can be made smaller, which leads to the smaller size of methanol RC model cars. The general size of oil-operated RC model cars is 1:8 and 1:5, while the size of methanol cars can be as small as 1:18. Because the weight and volume of the methanol RC model car are smaller than the oil RC model car, and the speed is higher, the methanol RC model car will speed up faster than the oil RC model car. Compared with the electric PC model car, the methanol RC model car has a more powerful engine sound and simulation.
2. Methanol RC model cars are more complicated to tune, so methanol fuel is not only expensive, but also not very convenient to buy, and the service life of methanol engine is not as long as oil RC model cars and electric RC model cars.If you want to get started, it is best to start with electric RC model cars and oil RC model cars, and then consider starting with methanol RC model cars after you have some RC model experience.
Should you have interest in any of our RC planes or RC cars, feel free to leave a message and our staff is here at your service and will get back to you within 24 business hours.